The ‘soul’ of any outfit, or rather the ‘soles’!
For me discovering your personal style is the epitome of my business, it’s about expressing personality in detail. Accessories apart, I have found that the best way to express your individuality through style is with shoes. The ‘soul’ of the outfit.
With shoes we can add colour and a bit of pizzaz to any outfit, whether you have a more casual or dressy style, or prefer to follow and keep up with the latest trends.
Shoes can elevate any outfit, and are a convenient means of experimenting and incorporating new trends and styles to your wardrobe. Adding an animal print like a zebra or leopard print, or a bold colour shoe (trending now bright pink or green) to your Look will instantly give your outfit a modern and fashionable look and feel.
Over the last 2 to 3 years, shoe trends have become more casual and flat shoes more popular than high heels. White sneakers became a thing and are now a must have item. You can wear white sneakers with everything and anything from summer dresses to formal suits. Mixing seasonal items combining boots with soft flowy summer dresses, almost country style. Over the last year, platforms have been making a comeback, a flashback to the 90’s.
Here are a few of my favourite shoe finds for this season.
Top 3 must have shoes as minimalist, investment pieces:
- A Nude/Tan coloured shoe, this can be a sandal for summer or boots or high heels depending on your lifestyle.
- Black boots for winter, flats or kitten heels.
- White sneakers for everyday looks.
If you are a bit more daring and trendy, and keeping your budget in mind, these are great closet additions:
- A metallic or animal textured Look boot (i.e snakeskin/crocodile) for winter, cowboy boots are having a huge moment again this season, otherwise ankle boots, knee high or thigh high for the very eccentric personality.
- A Bold coloured or animal print loafer
- Flatform or chunky sneakers
“Give a woman the right shoes and she can conquer the world” – Marilyn Monroe